Monday, November 22, 2010

Discrimination (the ALP and Gay Marriage)

Waaayyy too much discrimination in a society that overall thinks that they don't discriminate, unlike other certain countries. Hey, it's really not worth reading this if you're going to ignore it.

I guess I'm still rather ignorant, and maybe I'm ignorant to think this; but I thought that Australian law/Equal Opportunities Act explicitly states to not discriminate against sexual orientation. Yet Australia still doesn't allow gay marriage? (Note date of posting)
If the argument of those [against gay marriage] is the belief that children have the right to have a mother and father of either sex, and that they will feel left out and/or discriminated against (at school) for having 'two mothers' or 'two fathers', then I wonder if they are admitting the discrimination that still exists in society.

And then I hear something about the ALP going on how marriage is strictly between a man and a woman. Riiigghhtt....I see a hidden depth of conservatism, religion and tradition, a really deep depth

Don't mind me, I just need to go fume off a bit and punch some imaginary faces in. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment